- Homeowners | Tips for Saving Money and Finding Cheap Home Insurance
Did you know that you can save money on homeowners insurance by adding a new or better home security device, like a fire or burglar alarm?
- Group Health Insurance | Save Money on Business Health Insurance
Just as with cheap auto insurance, health insurance premiums are lower when deductibles are higher. If you opt for a high-deductible plan, consider a health savings account to ensure that you can pay any out-of-pocket expenses.
- Exclusion-free Life Insurance?
Piloting a plane and having HIV are two things that used to trigger coverage exclusions with life insurance. Now? They might charge you more, but death benefits will still be paid.
- A Brief Overview of Vision Care Coverage
Vision care insurance usually covers annual exams and contact lenses, but in some cases it may cover corrective surgery like LASIK
- Homeowners Insurance and Replacement Cost
Did you know that older homes cost more to rebuild or replace than newer ones. To save insurance money, you can consider a "functional replacement" endorsement.
- Life Insurance as an Emergency Cash Source
A loan against your life insurance is essentially a loan from yourself, but be aware: not all life insurance policies allow you to borrow against the cash value.
- Tips for Life Insurance "Newbies"
How much life insurance do you need? Multiply your salary by a factor of eight for a quick-and-dirty estimate.
- Surviving the Dreaded Blood Draw
Deep breathing, self-hypnosis, and even just having a chat with the lab tech can all help you stay relaxed and stress free during a blood draw.
- Maximize Your Employee Health Plan
A flexible spending account may be a good way to offset regular medical bills, especially expensive ones like contact lenses or chiropractic care.
- Back-to-School Insurance Tips
If your teenager is old enough to take driver's education classes at school this year, be sure to go over insurance costs before they start driving your car.
- Homeowners Insurance and Food Poisoning
Safe food handling is the best protection against giving dinner guests food poisoning, but if that doesn't work, your home insurance policy has you covered.
- The July Effect - Avoid the Hospital in High Summer
Prescription errors are a common result of the high summer hospital phenomenon called the July Effect.
- What is Dual Health Insurance?
While dual health insurance sounds like a great idea, it can also be a paperwork headache, and may not always save you money.
- Homeowners Insurance and Foreclosure
If your homeowners insurance premiums are escrowed with your lender, you need to find out how much of a cushion is left, so new insurance isn't force-placed during the foreclosure process.
- Concrete Slabs and Cracking
Even if you have radiant heat tubes running through your cement floor, and you see cracks, you're probably fine unless there is evidence of a water leak.
- How to Perform a Breast Self-Exam
Did you know that five minutes in your shower could serve as early detection of breast cancer? Breast self-exams are a woman's best chance at early treatment.
- How to Save Money on Medication
Asking for free samples is just one way you can reduce what you spend on prescription medication.
- How to Shop for Life Insurance
Believe it or not, staying healthy and avoiding dangerous habits can make it easier to find low-cost life insurance.
- Choosing Your Primary Care Physician
Your primary care physician is your partner in health care, so it's wise to be cautious about selecting one. Don't hesitate to schedule an interview with a prospective physician before you sign onto their practice.
- Disaster Preparedness for Your Pets
Do you know what will happen to your dog or cat during a natural disaster? If you have a disaster plan for your pets, you'll know exactly where they are and what to do.